Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Veggies

We decided this year we were going to have an awesome garden! Here are some awesome things that have grown so far. It was really easy too! I couldn't find a picture of the entire garden with the raised bed style of growing, but here's what it produced.

Green Beans!

The corn isn't finished yet, but look at it!!! Corn growing in my backyard!

I think I should print this picture and sell it to a garden magazine;) I like the repetition of the long vertical shapes and the contrasting colors from the burnt red deck and the green zucchini. ;) (That's the art teacher talking there.)

Lettuce. This lettuce has a pretty string taste. It was black seeded lettuce.
I'm gonna look for something different. Looks pretty, tastes too healthy...

Zucchini still growing. I think they grow over night.
One day they aren't there, the next they are.


This is not our corn. But it is Indiana corn. I snapped a picture of it because it looked to cool on my hubby's mom's plate. She made me dinner after I mowed the grass down at Smith Ridge-there country place.

Excited about all this produce!!!
Now I just need to look up some more recipes for yellow squash, zucchini, and spaghetti squash. I also got some cilantro plants because I can't wait to make some salsa when the tomatoes come in.

2 comments:

  1. We love to grill our squash and zucchini. Just drizzle olive oil on it, salt a bit and put it on the hot grill. Oh,yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, oh man. Your garden veggies look awesome. I might have to grow me one next year. I love fresh produce. I might have to get with you on how you planted yours. Does Ella get into it?

    ReplyDelete